We're signed up to the TPI Code of Practice
Business Juice is a founder member of the Third Party Intermediary (TPI) Code of Practice for micro businesses.
What does this mean for you?
In short, it means that if you choose us as your energy broker, you can rest assured that we abide by a set of guidelines designed to make sure that you get a high quality service that you can trust.
This is in addition to our own Customer Charter
It is important that you check whether or not an energy broker is signed up to the Code before you use them; if they aren’t, you can’t be sure that they will adhere to these standards.
The Code of Practice in brief
- Our staff - we run thorough background checks on our staff and make sure that they have effective, regular training and assessments.
- Our identity - our staff will always clearly identify themselves and for whom they work when you speak to them.
- Honest, accurate and clear - our sales material will be honest, accurate and clear and the same goes for the language we’ll use when we’re talking to you on the phone or face-to-face.
- No pressure - if you say that you don’t want to talk to us, we’ll accept that straightaway. We won’t use high-pressure sales techniques or push you into doing anything you’re not sure about.
- Letters of Authority - so that we can act on your behalf in our negotiations with energy suppliers, we require you to sign a Letter of Authority. This Letter of Authority will make it very clear what we are getting your permission to do
- Contracts with energy suppliers - before you agree to a contract with an energy supplier, we’ll make sure you understand what you’re agreeing to and the implications it has. If you’re agreeing to a contract over the phone, we’ll read the full verbal contract to you.
- If your switch is rejected - if the supplier you want to switch to rejects your application for any reason, we’ll let you know right away.
- Your privacy - we adhere to the Data Protection Act and we’ll screen our customer data to make sure that they’re in line with the marketing consent lists like the Telephone Preference Service. We never share our data with any other party.
- Complaints - we have a simple and effective system for handling complaints.
- Escalation – if you’re not happy with our resolution to your complaint and no agreement can be reached within 7 days we will refer this to the Independent Code Manager (currently the Independent Code Manager only accepts referrals of complaints involving E.ON)
- Audits - we’ll be audited to make sure we’re sticking to the Code at least once a year. If we don’t stick to the Code we can be fined or suspended from providing our full service to the market.
You can read the Code in full here www.tpicodeofpractice.co.uk
or Download the TPI Code of Practice
Currently the Third Party Intermediary Code of Practice Code Manager only has formal powers to sanction signatories of the TPI Code of Practice where a breach in relation to a contract with E.ON has been proven.
However, here at Business Juice, we apply all aspects of the Third Party Intermediary Code of Practice to any energy contract which is implemented via our business, regardless of which supplier is chosen.
It is a fundamental principle of ours to maintain and improve on the high standards set by the TPI Code of Practice and to push for a universal minimum standard any business can expect from dealing with an energy broker or intermediary.
Indeed our CEO is a founder member of the SME Energy Working Group at No. 10 Downing Street and in that role is actively seeking a cross industry acceptance of the TPI Code of Practice as well as pursuing a number of other initiatives to ensure the business energy market provides a fair deal to customers.
If you'd like to know more about how your business can benefit from engaging in the energy market call us on 0800 051 5770, we'd love to hear from you.