Business Electricity from Dual Energy
UK owned Dual Energy supplies electricity to SME businesses.
Founded in 2009, this new entrant supplier offers a unique, price matching 3-year product that ensures their customers always have access to competitive market pricing and freedom of movement if the offer isn't right for them.
The Dual Energy Checklist
- Are their prices fully fixed? No
- Do they include metering and transportation costs in the price? Yes
- Do they include FIT and RO and CFD in the price? Do not currently include CFD
- What is their back billing policy? Anything up to six years
- Do they require a letter of authority? Yes
- Does the contract lapse on change of tenancy? Yes
- Is your contract end date on the invoice? Yes
- Is your termination date on the invoice? Yes
- When will your renewal letter arrive? Awaiting clarification from Dual Energy
- When do you need to terminate? At least 28 days before end date
- Do they require termination letter by recorded delivery? Yes
- Will they rollover your contract? No
- How high are the out of contract rates? 21.00p/kWh
- Do they mandate Direct Debit payment terms? Yes
- What are their Direct Debit terms? Fixed, Monthly
- Do they offer Cash / Cheque payment terms? No
- Do they support reduced rate VAT declaration? Yes
- Do they bill monthly or quarterly? Monthly
- Do they provide online billing? No
- Do they install smart meters as part of the supply contract? Yes
- Do they support existing smart meters with full functionality? Yes
- Do they provide New Connection & Upgrade Services? No
- Do they support IGT meters? No, Electricity Supplier only
- Do they support all electricity profiles including half hourly? Yes
- Do they support related and aggregated meters? Support related but not aggregated meters
- Do they offer green and renewable products? No
- What is their Fuel Mix? 27.7% Gas, 20.6% Nuclear, 38.4% Coal, 11.3% Renewable
Other things to know about Dual Energy:The Worthing based business:
- Offers a unique 3 year product with the security of a price match guarantee - if you can find a better price during the price review period then you can leave without penalty;
- Will endeavour to match any deal that you have been offered at price review;
- Offers an assurance that won't pay a premium for choosing a longer term deal unlike other multi year products in the market;
- Will provide notice 60 days in advance of end of yearly supply period with your new rates, allowing you to price match or leave;
- Also offer a fully fixed 2-year deal;
- Provides a free Smart (AMR) meter to every customer, with a lead time to install of around 6 weeks, meaning you can start receiving accurate bills straight away;
- Will only take on customers with consumption in excess of 3,000 kWh per year;
- Will consider customers with a credit score (Delphi) of more than 16 without the need for a security deposit;
- Will not supply pubs, takeaways, property management companies or businesses with outstanding CCJs;
- Offers fixed direct debit billing
SecurityClick on the following link to access Dual Energy's latest contract terms for business energy customers: Dual T&C's Dual Energy's contracts are not fully fixed - all elements of the Dual Energy price can be passed through. This means that when you agree a contract with Dual Energy the price can change through the contract term to reflect additional costs. In addition Dual Energy do not currently include CFD costs in any of their prices. This is charged on top of the agreed contract rates.
- Commodity: Inclusive, Variable in second year of contract and every subsequent year
- Transportation: Inclusive, Variable
- Metering: Inclusive, Variable
- FIT: Inclusive, Variable
- RO: Inclusive, Variable
- CFD: Excluded, Variable
- Where a change in law occurs affecting delivery of the contract.
- Where the customer fails to fulfil their obligations under the contract.
Back billing and Dual EnergyDual Energy is not currently signed up to the Energy UK Back Billing standards. This means that Dual Energy are able, under the Limitations Act, to back bill their customers for anything up to 6 years. Many suppliers have voluntarily limited their back billing rights to two years and in some cases a single year. Dual Energy are therefore one of the less amenable suppliers in this area making a smart meter a sensible choice with Dual Energy. To find out more visit our Guide to Back billing.
Dual Energy and Letters of AuthorityIn order to act on your behalf in securing your business a great energy deal Dual Energy require us to have a signed Letter of Authority from yourselves.
eSign - Fast, Convenient Online ApprovalThe fastest way to authorise us to work on your energy supply arrangements is to use our eSign service to agree our Evergreen Letter of Authority. We’ll take care of all correspondence, handle all the loose ends and enable you to focus on establishing your business in its new premise. And what’s more once your contract is in place we’ll manage your supplier relationship from beginning to end, all part of the Business Juice service.
Change of Tenancy and Dual EnergyMoving into a premise is known as a Change of Tenancy in the business energy market. It has also been termed a Change of Occupier or is known by its acronyms CoT and COO. However it is referred to, the opportunities it opens up are the same. This is great news for deal seekers. Whilst the existing supplier is obliged to continue to provide energy to the new occupier, the occupier is not obliged to take out an extended contract with that supplier. Indeed a Change of Tenancy customer has total freedom of movement and is free to accept a contract with a supplier of their choice There are however of course a number of rules and requirements. Firstly, as the new occupier, if you use energy you will need to pay for it, regardless of your contractual status. Secondly, you will need to identify as quickly as possible the identity of the existing supplier Thirdly, you will need to field calls from sales organisations and the existing supplier themselves offering you contracts of varying lengths to continue or to begin to supply the premises. As a result as a new occupier you will need to agree a new contract either with the existing supplier or with a new supplier of your choice. Not only that but you will need to inform the existing supplier as quickly as possible that you are the new tenant to prevent you being held liable for charges incurred by the previous occupier should they not have ended their agreement satisfactory. It can prove a real headache knowing whom to trust – whether it’s the old tenant, the landlord the current supplier, the pushy salesman ringing, knocking and emailing, the prospective new suppliers. That’s where Business Juice comes in, by working on your behalf, identifying your existing supply arrangements, reporting your change of tenancy, ensuring you are not held liable for costs not incurred before your occupation and benchmarking contracts for your selection we can help you save time, money and a whole lot of stress.
TransparencyYour Dual Energy invoice places the contract end date on the third page of the invoice. In addition the date by which termination is required to ensure freedom of movement at contract end it also presented in this section. Not all suppliers do this. If in doubt feel free to fax us your bill on 0845 387 5701 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help locate the information for you.
Terminating with Dual EnergyFor Dual Energy's fixed products you are required by Dual Energy to provide written notice at least 28 days before your contract ends of your intent to terminate your contract at the end of its fixed period. For Dual Energy's annual price review products you can provide written notice at least 28 days before your contract anniversary of your intent to terminate your contract. To facilitate this Dual Energy require written evidence in the form of a formal offer to supply the premises from the alternative supplier and 14 days in which to compare the proposed pricing and to respond. If Dual Energy are able to match the offer, you will be deemed to have accepted the revised pricing of the initial contract term or extended term for a further period of 12 months. If you do take the option to select a new supplier an Early Termination Fee may be applied by Dual Energy. This is a fixed charge equivalent to your average monthly usage multiplied by the number of months remaining in your initial contract term. In addition, where Dual Energy has installed new meter equipment free‐of‐charge, they also reserve the right to charge a Meter Installation Fee. However Dual Energy will waive any Early Termination Fee if they are unable to match any genuine offer from an alternative supplier.
Rollover Contracts and Dual EnergyDual Energy operate a policy of selling auto-rollover contracts. If you fail to terminate your existing contract more than 28 days ahead of your contract end date you will be rolled over for a fixed term of 12 months. By using Business Juice you can avoid the costly mistake of falling into the rollover trap and paying premium rates for 12 months. To find out more visit our Guide to Rollover Contracts.
Terminating but remaining on supply with Dual EnergyIf you have provided termination notice to Dual Energy and expressed your intent for freedom of movement at contract end but you fail to leave Dual Energy’s supply you will be placed on Dual Energy’s out of contract rates. Don't be caught out! By using Business Juice to manage your energy contracts we will terminate and manage your new contract seamlessly to ensure you avoid penalty rates.
Dual Energy and Out of Contract RatesDual Energy describe their out of contract rates as ‘deemed rates’, for a typical SME profile 3 or 4 customer these are charged at 21p/kWh and 81p/day. Even one week exposed to this level of charges mounts up, that's why clients taking our contract life management service makes sense: removing your exposure risk and letting you focus on your business confident in the knowledge that your energy contracts are in safe hands. To find out more visit our Guide to Out of Contract Rates
ConvenienceDual Energy operate a policy of billing their customers on a monthly basis. Dual Energy operate a Monthly, Fixed Direct Debit meaning the amount you pay directly relates to the consumption you provide at the point of contract. Dual Energy does not offer cash/cheque payment terms. To find out more visit our Guide to Supplier Payment Terms. Dual Energy do not currently offer their customers online billing. This means Dual Energy customers will continue to receive paper invoices.
Dual Energy and Smart MetersDual Energy provide smart metering as standard within all of their contracts meaning the end of estimated bills as well as providing the foundation for a more energy efficient business. For more information on Suppliers’ policies on smart metering visit our Guide to Suppliers & Smart Meters.
Dual Energy & New Connections and Upgrade servicesDual Energy do not currently provide new connections and upgrade services to either existing or potential customers. To find out which suppliers meet your connections needs call us on 0800 051 5770. Go one step better and by appointing Business Juice to manage your energy contracts you can take advantage of our management fee free new connections and upgrades offer.
Dual Energy & IGT MetersAs an electricity supplier Dual Energy do not currently support meters supplied via IGT networks (Independent Gas Transporter). If your gas supply is delivered via an IGT network then Dual Energy cannot offer you a gas supply contract. To find out which suppliers meet your IGT needs call us on 0800 051 5770.
Dual Energy & Supporting Meter TypesDual Energy support meter types including standard profile meters, Half Hourly (HH), Maximum Demand (MD) and 'related' meters but do not support Seasonal Time of Day (STOD) or ‘aggregated’ meters.
EnvironmentalDual Energy do not currently provide renewable or green energy products within their portfolio however they do offer smart metering solutions to help your business use less energy. Dual Energy Fuel Mix for the reporting period 2012/13 was:
- Coal: 38.4%
- Gas: 27.7%
- Nuclear: 20.6%
- Renewable: 11.3%
- Other sources: 2.0%
- And produced CO2 of 470g/kWh and High Level Radioactive Waste of 0.009g/kWh
- Coal: 34.0%
- Gas: 25.6%
- Nuclear: 21.6%
- Renewable: 16.7%
- Other sources: 2.1%
- Producing CO2 of 428g/kWh and High Level Radioactive Waste of 0.0017g/kWh