With business energy prices on the rise and huge price differences between tariffs and suppliers, how can you be sure you’re getting the best deal for your business?
With a growing number of business energy brokers on the market all clamouring to offer the cheapest prices, we tell you the top 10 things to look for in a business energy broker.
- Do they compare all suppliers? Steer clear of brokers that only offer tariffs from a handful of suppliers as they’ll no doubt be on a quota or high commission structure.
- Do they show all fees and charges? Be careful that you aren’t caught out with a host of fees and charges after you’ve signed up.
- Are they independent and impartial? Ensure they aren’t affiliated with a certain supplier so you get a fair view of the market.
- Is the service free? Most business energy brokers take a commission from the suppliers after a sale but just be aware of those that charge management fees
- Do you get after sales service? Most brokers will get you the deal and then leave you to it. Often your contract will be objected to and you won’t have anyone on side to help. Business Juice manage your switch for the full life of your contract
- Have you read the reviews? Make sure it is a reputable broker by checking them out first. How is their customer service and do they deliver on their promises?
- Get your deal in writing. Most brokers complete your deal over the phone with a verbal contract which is quite normal. But for your own records, it’s good to have a copy of your energy contract details. Business Juice provide a comprehensive Key Facts document that tells you everything you need to know
- Are they making you feel pressured? Don’t be swayed by constant cold-calling or pushy salesmen. You should feel comfortable with what you’re signing up to.
- Have you signed a Letter of Authority? LOA’s allow brokers to work with the suppliers on your behalf. Without one of these, your contract could fall through while the dodgy broker walks off into the sunset with the commission.
- Are your details kept private? Your broker should adhere to the Data Protection Act so make sure they won’t be sharing your details with third parties.
Looking for a business energy broker that fits the bill? Business Juice is the answer. We treat customers fairly and we are confident we can get your business the best energy deal on the market.
Business Juice customers save an average of £2,110 on their energy contracts!