Time to get strict…
While we can help you save money on your business energy bills, you can also go a long way to cutting them further by being a little prudent. Many companies are missing out on the simple changes that can make a big difference.
So here’s our top ten energy saving ideas!
1. Ensure your staff have turned off their computers before they go home
2. Turn off the air conditioning or compressed air unit when you’re not there
3. Get a smart meter to highlight where you can make behavioural and technology changes
4. Modernise your boilers – a new condensing boiler works at 95% efficiency, whereas a conventional boiler works at around 80%
5. Turn the heating down – heating costs go up by 8% each time you increase the temperature by one degree so try to keep your thermostat at 19°C.
6. Invest in energy saving technologies and products. The Enhanced Capital Allowance scheme (ECA) enables you to claim 100% first year capital allowances on investments of qualifying equipment so you could write off the whole cost of your investment against your taxable profits for the period in which you make an investment.
7. Turn off the heating and lights on bank holidays when no-one is there
8. Encourage employees to only boil the water they need for a cup of tea.
9. Install motion sensitive lighting so the lights are only on if someone is there or at least ensure lights are off every night
10. Put up energy saving posters to remind your staff every day
Want a free energy saving poster for your business? Just pop your details here and you’ll get an instant download!
Already energy efficient but want to slash your business energy rates? For an instant business gas or electricity quote, give Business Juice a call on 0800 051 5770. You can even email us at email@example.com or use our contact form.