Business Gas from CNG
UK owned and run independent gas supplier Contract Natural Gas (CNG) has a range of different business gas tariffs to suit businesses of any size.
CNG was established in 1994, at the opening of the competitive energy market, and has developed into a major player in the SME gas market.
The CNG Checklist
- Are their prices fully fixed? No, all contracts allow pass through of cost changes
- Do they include metering and transportation costs in the price? Yes
- Do they include FIT and RO and CFD in the price? Not applicable, gas supplier
- What is their back billing policy? Anything up to 6 years
- Do they require a letter of authority? Yes
- Does the contract lapse on change of tenancy? Yes
- Is your contract end date on the invoice? Yes
- Is your termination date on the invoice? Yes
- When will your renewal letter arrive? 120 days before end date
- When do you need to terminate? At least 90 days before end date
- Do they require termination letter by recorded delivery? Yes
- Will they rollover your contract? Yes
- How high are the out of contract rates? 6.95p/kWh
- Do they mandate Direct Debit payment terms? No
- What are their Direct Debit terms? Variable, Monthly
- Do they offer Cash / Cheque payment terms? Yes, in limited circumstances
- Do they support reduced rate VAT declaration? Yes
- Do they bill monthly or quarterly? Monthly
- Do they provide online billing? No
- Do they install smart meters as part of the supply contract? No
- Do they support existing smart meters with full functionality? Yes
- Do they provide New Connection & Upgrade Services? Yes
- Do they support IGT meters? Yes however these require bespoke pricing
- Do they support all electricity profiles including half hourly? Not applicable, gas supplier only
- Do they support related and aggregated meters? Support aggregated but not related meters
- Do they offer green and renewable products? No
- What is their Fuel Mix? Not required as a gas only supplier
Other things to know about CNG:The Harrogate based business is:
- A commercial only gas specialist;
- Offers 1-4 year contracts;
- Offers products with no standing charge;
- Will only consider customers with a credit score (Delphi) of more than 30;
- Will take on low consumption meters;
- Provides one-to-one account management to its customers;
- Offers a flexible billing service in tune with your business’s needs
- Offers inclusive smart meters for new and existing customers over 293,000kWh
- Offers Smart Meter upgrades to all customers
- Operates a full site works service of new connections, meter installs, & upgrades
SecurityCNG's latest contract terms Click on the following link to access CNG's latest contract terms for business energy customers: CNG's T&Cs Are CNG's contracts fully fixed? No, all elements of the CNG price can be passed through. This means that when you agree a contract with CNG the price can change through the contract term to reflect additional costs.
- Commodity: Inclusive, Variable from the second contract year and every subsequent year thereafter
- Transportation: Inclusive, Variable
- Metering: Inclusive, Variable
- Where the customer fails to fulfil their obligations under the contract.
- Where gas customers fail to use the stated consumption under the terms of the contract.
eSign - Fast, Convenient Online ApprovalThe fastest way to authorise us to work on your energy supply arrangements is to use our eSign service to agree our Evergreen Letter of Authority. We’ll take care of all correspondence, handle all the loose ends and enable you to focus on establishing your business in its new premise. And what’s more once your contract is in place we’ll manage your supplier relationship from beginning to end, all part of the Business Juice service.
Business Juice Top Tip Always ensure that you take opening meter readings on the day, or as close as possible to the day, that you move into the premises to ensure that you only pay for the energy that you use.
TransparencyWhere to find your contract end date on your CNG bill Your CNG gas invoice places the contract end date on right hand side of the first page of the invoice. This is opposite your business address. CNG also detail the date any termination notice must be received by in order to switch contract or supplier.
If in doubt feel free to fax us your bill on 0845 387 5701 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help locate the information for you.When to expect your CNG renewal letter CNG sends their renewal letter to customers around 120 days in advance of the contract end date. This will contain CNG ‘s proposal for your rates for the coming period. It may provide a variety of options or a single price. It will however not be the most competitive price available in the market as the renewal letter is designed for customers who don’t use an energy broker and as such are priced at a higher level than can be obtained in the market.
Business Juice Top Tip Every Business Juice client receives a unique key facts statement detailing all there is to know about their energy contract including all the important dates relative to your deal. Sign up today and take control with Business Juice.
Terminating with CNGYou are required by CNG to provide written notice at least 90 days before your contract ends of your intent to terminate your contract at the end of its fixed period.
Business Juice Top Tip Terminating your contract is key to gaining freedom of movement and having access to the best deals for your next business energy contract. It pays to always be aware of your termination obligations so as to ensure that you act as soon as conditions allow in order to help you get the best out of the business energy market. Or better still sign up for our evergreen letter of authority and we will terminate on your behalf well ahead of time and provide you with a range of market leading options at the right time to suit your business.Rollover Contracts and CNG CNG operate a policy of selling auto-rollover contracts. If you fail to terminate your existing contract more than 90 days ahead of your contract end date you will be rolled over for a fixed term of 12 months. By using Business Juice you can avoid the costly mistake of falling into the rollover trap and paying premium rates for 12 months. To find out more visit our Guide to Rollover Contracts. Terminating but remaining on supply with CNG If you terminate but fail to leave CNG’s supply at your contract end you will be placed on CNG's punitive Out-of-Contract rates. If you have provided termination notice to CNG and expressed your intent for freedom of movement at contract end but you fail to leave CNG’s supply you will be placed on CNG’s out of contract rates. Don't be caught out! By using Business Juice to manage your energy contracts we will terminate and manage your new contract seamlessly to ensure you avoid penalty rates. CNG and Out of Contract Rates CNG out-of-contract rates are 6.95p/kWh and a variable standing charge. Even one week exposed to this level of charges mounts up, that's why clients taking our contract life management service makes sense: removing your exposure risk and letting you focus on your business confident in the knowledge that your energy contracts are in safe hands. To find out more visit our Guide to Out of Contract Rates