Business Electricity & Gas from Yu EnergyNew entrant and Nottingham based supplier Yu Energy have been in existence since 2009, formerly known as Better Business Energy, working in conjunction with their energy supplier partners to re-bill their customer base.Better Business Energy rebranded as Yu Energy in 2013 with a focus on revolutionising customer experience in both the domestic and business energy market.
The Yu Energy Checklist
- Are their prices fully fixed? Yes for gas contracts, No for electricity contracts
- Do they include metering and transportation costs in the price? Yes
- Do they include FIT and RO and CFD in the price? No
- What is their back billing policy? Awaiting clarification from Yu Energy
- Do they require a letter of authority? Yes
- Does the contract lapse on change of tenancy? Yes
- Is your contract end date on the invoice? Yes
- Is your termination date on the invoice? Yes
- When will your renewal letter arrive? 125 Days before end date
- When do you need to terminate? Between 90 and 120 days before end date
- Do they require termination letter by recorded delivery? Yes
- Will they rollover your contract? Yes
- How high are the out of contract rates? Awaiting clarification from Yu Energy
- Do they mandate Direct Debit payment terms? Yes
- What are their Direct Debit terms? Variable, Monthly
- Do they offer Cash / Cheque payment terms? No
- Do they support reduced rate VAT declaration? Yes
- Do they bill monthly or quarterly? Billed & reconciled quarterly
- Do they provide online billing? No
- Do they install smart meters as part of the supply contract? No
- Do they support existing smart meters with full functionality? Some
- Do they provide New Connection & Upgrade Services? Yes
- Do they support IGT meters? No
- Do they support all electricity profiles including half hourly? Yes
- Do they support related and aggregated meters? Yes
- Do they offer green and renewable products? No
- What is their Fuel Mix? Not yet eligible for disclosure
Other things to know about Yu Energy:
- The Nottingham based business:
- Does not supply pubs, clubs and takeaways
- Specialises in 12 month contracts
- Offers bespoke pricing for all clients
- Strong customer service ethos
Yu Energy’s latest contract termsClick on the following link to access Yu Energy’s latest contract terms for business energy customers: Yu T&C’s
Are Yu Energy’s contracts fully fixed?Yu Energy operate a policy of fully fixing the commodity, metering and transportation elements of their fixed contracts; this however does not cover FIT, RO and CFD costs.
Commodity: Inclusive, Fixed Transportation: Inclusive, Fixed Metering: Inclusive, Fixed FIT: Excluded, Variable (Electricity only) RO: Excluded, Variable (Electricity only) CFD: Excluded, Variable (Electricity only)Yu Energy also reserves the right to amend the terms of the contract in exceptional circumstances.These include:
- Where customers fail to use the stated consumption under the terms of the contract.
Back billing and Yu EnergyWe are awaiting clarification of Yu Energy’s policy on back billing. To find out more visit our Guide to Back billing.
Yu Energy and Letters of AuthorityIn order to act on your behalf in securing your business a great energy deal Yu Energy require us to have a signed Letter of Authority from yourselves. You can download your Letter Of Authority here.
Change of Tenancy and Yu EnergyMoving into or out of a premise is known as a Change of Tenancy in the business energy market. The existing supplier to the premise is obliged to continue to provide energy to the premise and under no circumstances will this be otherwise the case, however it is an obligation on the new tenant to agree a new contract either with that supplier or with a new supplier of your choice.Moving in to a premise supplied by Yu EnergyIf your business takes occupation of a site currently supplied by Yu Energy you need to inform them as quickly as possible that you are the new tenant.This is critical for two reasons:1) to prevent your business being held liable for charges incurred by the previous tenant2) to ensure you can negotiate a competitive rate (and choose to switch if you desire)A Change of Tenancy customer has total freedom of movement and is free to accept a contract with a supplier of their choice. This is good news, however many unscrupulous sales businesses prey on new movers and force them into uncompetitive and unsuitable contracts. To find out more visit our Guide to Scams. It doesn’t have to be this way. By taking control, informing the supplier of your situation and using Business Juice to secure you the right contract for your business you can take advantage of one of the few re-contracting opportunities outside your renewal window.For your convenience, you can download your Yu Energy Incoming CoT Letter here.Yu Energy will also require one of four ‘proofs’ of the change of tenancy having occurred, these are:
- Confirmation from the landlord or brewery
- Confirmation from the estate agent handling the move
- Confirmation from the solicitor handling the move
- Copy of the mortgage completion letter (if property bought)
Moving out of a premise supplied by Yu EnergyIf your business is leaving a premise for which you currently have a Yu Energy contract, you need to inform them as quickly as possible that you are no longer the tenant.This is critical for two reasons:1) to prevent your business being held liable for charges incurred by the new tenant2) to ensure you can negotiate a competitive rate at your new premiseFor your convenience, you can download your Yu Energy Outgoing CoT Letter here.Yu Energy will also want to know:
- The reason for your moving out
- To where your business is moving (if applicable)
- Who the new occupier of the existing premise will be (if known)
Where to find your contract end date on your Yu Energy billWe are awaiting clarification of Yu Energy’s policy of locating contract end dates on bills.If in doubt feel free to fax us your bill on 0845 387 5701 or send it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help locate the information for you.
When to expect your Yu Energy’s renewal letterYu Energy will issue your renewal letter 125 days ahead of contract end.
Terminating with Yu Energy’sYu Energy require that you terminate your contract between 90 and 120 days ahead of contract end date.
For your convenience, you can download your Yu Energy Termination Letter here.Your Yu Energy notice should be sent to:
Yu Energy, Unit 2, Horizon Place, Nottingham Business Park, Mellors Way, Nottingham, NG8 6PYRollover Contracts and Yu EnergyYu Energy will invoke their policy on auto-rollover contracts where a customer fails to accept their renewal offer yet does not terminate their existing agreement.To find out more visit our Guide to Rollover Contracts.
Terminating but remaining on supply with Yu EnergyIf you terminate but remain on supply with Yu Energy after your contract end date you will be placed on Yu Energy’s punitive Out-of-Contract rates.
Yu Energy and Out of Contract RatesWe are awaiting clarification of Yu Energy’s out of contract rates.To find out more visit our Guide to Out of Contract Rates
What payment terms does Yu Energy offer?Yu Energy require customers to agree to direct debit terms. All Yu Energy customer direct debits are on a monthly, variable basis therefore the amount you pay will be related to your consumption.To find out more visit our Guide to Supplier Payment Terms.
How to claim the reduced VAT rate for your Yu Energy billWe are awaiting provision of Yu Energy’s VAT declaration certificate.To find out if your business is eligible for paying the reduced rate of VAT on your business energy bill visit our Guide to VAT Declaration.
When to expect your bill from Yu EnergyYu Energy operate a policy of billing their customers on a quarterly basis. Unlike many suppliers Yu Energy also undertake a full reconciliation on a quarterly basis.
Yu Energy and Online BillingYu Energy do not currently offer their customers online billing services.
Where to find your metering information on your Yu Energy billWe are awaiting clarification of Yu Energy’s policy on locating metering details on their billsFor more information of where to find metering information on supplier bills visit our Guide to MPAN and MPRN Identification.
Yu Energy & Smart MetersYu Energy currently do not install smart meters as part of their supply contract. Yu Energy will however inherit some types of existing smart meter with full functionality. In order to clarify that your smart meter can be supported by Yu Energy call us on 0800 015 5770.For more information on Suppliers’ policies on smart metering visit our Guide to Suppliers & Smart Meters.
Yu Energy & New Connections and Upgrade servicesYu Energy offer customers new connections and upgrade services.
Yu Energy & IGT MetersYu Energy’s can support IGT (Independent Gas Transporter) meters. However Yu Energy will require to bespoke price your contract.
Yu Energy & Supporting Meter TypesYu Energy’s policy support all meter types including Half Hourly (HH), Maximum Demand (MD), Seasonal Time of Day (STOD) and standard profile meters as well as ‘related’ and ‘aggregated’ meters.
Green & Renewable products and Yu EnergyYu Energy’s do not currently offer green or renewable business tariffs.
Yu Energy and Fuel MixFor the reporting period 2013/14, Yu Energy are not required to provide a Fuel Mix disclosure however over the same period the national average was:
- Coal: 34.0%
- Gas: 25.6%
- Nuclear: 21.6%
- Renewable: 16.7%
- Other sources: 2.1%